Join Us at Engineering Teaching Day 2023!
This annual event, led by MTEI, celebrates the teaching mission of Cornell Engineering. Join us to share your passion for teaching, to workshop ideas with fellow faculty, and to improve the learning experience you offer to students in the coming year. Come to as many of the sessions as you like:
- 8:30am: Continental breakfast available.
- 9–10am: Mentoring as Teaching Beyond the Classroom. Led by Laura A. Schoenle (ELI) and Lois Pollack (AEP and Assoc. Dean for Research).
- 10am–noon: Active Learning: Basic, and Active Learning: Beyond Think-Pair-Share. Two parallel sessions — one for those who are new to active learning, and one for those with prior experience. “Basic” session led by Shivaun Archer (BME) and Hadas Ritz (MAE). “Beyond” session led by Kathy Dimiduk (MTEI) and Kyle Harms (IS).
- 12–1pm: Luncheon with new Engineering faculty. Complimentary lunch provided.
- 1–2pm: Course Planning for Student Success. Led by Michael Clarkson (CS) and Hadas Ritz (MAE).
- 2–3pm: Facilitating Accommodations in Your Courses. Led by Kyle Harms (IS) and Beth Parrott (Student Disability Services).
- 3–4pm: Ice cream social.
This is an in-person event that will be held in Upson Hall. Further details, including session abstracts, are available here.
For more information, contact Michael Clarkson (mrc26).